Are you driving a car and you aren’t sure what happens during the Ministry of Transport or MOT test? Have you bought a new vehicle, but you don’t know whether it needs an MOT certificate? Drivers get confused when it comes to the MOT, some understand it, while others feel lost. You can get your car tested in an approved centre once they are recognised by the appropriate authorities. If you wish to visit the MOT test centre in Fairford, you can schedule an appointment and have your vehicle assessed by a qualified mechanic. Here are some key facts you should know about the MOT test:
- If your car is under 3 years, you don’t need to bring it for testing.
- There are official test centres all over the country.
- After 3 years, your car must be tested annually.
- The test involves a range of checks – brakes, suspension, emissions, seatbelts etc.
- Most retests are free within a certain time frame.
Passing the test is easy once you have a roadworthy vehicle on your hands. You can fail because of minor faults, so be prepared.
It is sensible to prepare your vehicle for the MOT test before you arrive at the test centre. The best way to get ready for the MOT test is to create a list of things to do. A pre-MOT should include all of the following:
- Thorough cleaning & decluttering
- Clean number plates & working wipers
- Check the lights are all working, and fluid levels are topped up
- Examine tyres, windows & mirrors