Having car insurance is a legal requirement and with the right level of cover, provides financial protection in the event of your vehicle being damaged. It will also provide cover for injuries to other drivers, passengers or pedestrians, and their property.Accidents can happen at any time, so it’s reassuring to know that you’re covered financially if you’re involved in one. You can research and find out the best insurance provider and get a car insurance quote where you can choose the add-ons to your policy.
Why is car insurance necessary?
Having car insurance is essential because it covers your expenses in the event of vehicle damage or injuries to other drivers, passengers, or pedestrians. All vehicles must be insured against their liability to other people, as stipulated in the Road Traffic Act 1988.Insurance can also provide financial support if your car is stolen, damaged or destroyed by fire.
Types of car insurance:
- Third party– This is the minimum requirement by law, but isn’t always the cheapest. It covers injuries to other people and damage to others property.
- Third party, fire and theft– This is the same as third party but also covers the cost of repairs or a replacement vehicle if your car is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive– This is the highest level of cover you can get. It protects against damage to your own car as well as accidents involving other people. It can also include a courtesy car and legal expenses insurance; however, this may be at an additional cost.
Tips to get low insurance premium for Maruti car:
- Compare car insurance: Before purchasing car insurance, always compare the benefits and quotes offered by various insurance companies. Most insurance companies have a website in addition to numerous online insurance comparison sites where you can compare car insurance premium rates charged by different companies.
- Be wise with the coverage: A car insurance policy is typically a pre-defined set of benefits. Nevertheless, if your policy permits, then opt out of features you do not really need. This helps lower the car insurance premium to some extent.
- Install safety features: Installing safety features/anti-theft devices like locks for the steering wheel and gear, air bags, anti-theft alarms etc. could fetch you a 5% discount on your premium. Further, people linked with associations like Automobile Association of India (AAI) or the Western India Automobile Association (WIAA), can get special benefits and discounts on premiums. These associations are empowered under the Motor Vehicles Act and Rules and the members therein are deemed as safe drivers.
- Try for bigger discounts: Based on the policyholder’s age, driving record, profession, and various other criteria specified by the insurance company, the policyholder could avail car insurance premium discounts. Also, check with your insurance provider whether you qualify for a discount if you have covered parking for your car.
Tip: Always prefer to buy your Maruti Insurance from trusted insurance provider.