As revealed in a wide-ranging editorial published by Express, motorists in the United Kingdom are now devoting more of their hard-earned money to vehicular maintenance than ever before.
As a matter of fact, the typical driver in the UK will traverse nearly 600,000 miles and spend almost £200,000 on car-related costs during the course of the average lifetime; both figures have more than doubled since the statistics registered in the early 1990s.
As such, automotive upkeep is no laughing matter, and it is one of your most fundamental financial obligations.
You don’t have to be a hardened, battle-tested mechanic just to slash your automobile bills, but you do have to direct your attention towards the following aspects:
- If you spend most of your time behind the wheel on intercity, stop-and-go travel, you should arrange an oil change once every 3,500 miles to account for the added strain on your engine.
- If your commute is comprised of mostly motorway driving, on the other hand, you can prolong this interval to approximately 6,500 miles.
- Component replacements and routine servicing will remain relatively constant for the first eight years of vehicle ownership, but you’ll notice an incremental increase thereafter.
Above all else, your choice of Dorchester garage services will likely be the most consequential aspect of how much you end up committing towards car costs each year.
Select the Right Service Centre
If you scan through the homepage of your local garage, you should see the following classifications:
- Members of The Good Garage Scheme
- Registered as a MaxLife Service Centre
- Approved as a TopGear Tuning Dealer
Cling to these characteristics, and your auto worries will be a thing of the past, not to mention the fact that you’ll be able to save a considerable amount of money down the pike.